Base4 Ventures into Mixed-use Design!
Multifamily design is changing. It’s no longer about simply putting together a residential space. Rather, developers are now looking at community concepts that tend more toward mixed-use and multifamily buildings and communities.
Understanding this shift and inspired by our clients, Base4 has ventured into multifamily and mixed-use design…
Introducing Casa4, a Base4 division for your multifamily and mixed-use design needs.
- Along with Modz4—our modular design division—Casa4 can provide developers several ways to build more efficiently.
- Whether it’s stick-built or modular, we coordinate with stakeholders to deliver the highest quality multifamily development. We not only design and engineer the project, but also help you acquire permits and approvals and provide construction administration to increase jobsite productivity!
- Our hotel design (Base4) and senior living (Vida4) presence give Casa4 an edge for planning highly optimized and strategically designed mixed-use developments.
- Powered by Base4’s 24-hour productivity cycle, use of cutting-edge technologies (virtual reality, machine learning, advanced BIM), operational efficiency, and vast industry network, Casa4 is already producing designs for several multifamily developments.
For hospitality developers, a growing trend is community development. Things are changing and they are changing fast in this segment. Here are a few reasons this market is attracting attention:
1. Our lifestyle is changing
- Many young home buyers want convenience and service—think hospitality for residences.
- Convenience includes nearby places to work, shop, eat, drink, play, and unwind.
- With smart space-planning and design, mixed-use developments have abundant potential to address these desires.
2. Community is back in focus
- Co-working and co-living concepts are getting increasingly popular– and both can be realized through mixed-use developments.
- In a similar way, many serviced apartments and senior living facilities want to keep their surroundings diverse, friendly, and convenient.
- It’s not news that major cities are facing labor- and housing-shortages. Due to overcrowding in urban areas, the demand for new living concepts continues to grow.
4. The best of both worlds
- Hospitality is an inspirational industry, and developers are taking note. Already, many developers have begun to harness hospitality design ideas for the lobbies of their multifamily apartments and community developments. You can never get bored with a scope this wide!
Interested or got questions? Reply to this email to set up a call. We have a lot to discuss!
Get the latest multifamily industry updates and be the first to see our designs–follow Casa4 on LinkedIn!
Dr. Garry Vermaas
An ongoing modular residential project