How to Customize Your Interiors While Maintaining Timelines and Budget
“Let’s just go prototype.”
How many times have you said this to your team? Many hoteliers choose an ID-light package because they want to save time and money—thinking that prototype interiors work just fine.
While prototypes are designed to deliver optimized guest experience, custom interior design can dramatically alter your hotel’s identity. Today, I offer you a different perspective on the feasibility of going custom with your interiors. Even though you know custom interiors are uniquely beautiful– you have also heard that going custom is too costly or complicated. We get it, and so, have innovated a way for custom to work for you.
So, let’s explore what different interior design approaches mean for your bottom line and project timelines.
Your Top Concerns
- Over budgeting
- Prolonged timelines
- More back-and-forth (and headaches!)
- Procurement coordination
- Interior design is less about what your designer does and more about how they do it. The process is what makes the difference.
- A variant of the standard prototype, custom interior solutions let the owner incorporate their preferences and taste. While not every brand allows customization, most franchises offer different levels to personalize a property.
- Our coordinated, in-house process includes customization of interior spaces, FF&E, finishes, artwork, and even the lighting while working closely with the brand to ensure timely approvals and right vendor relationships for your FF&E.
- While you can choose to customize only parts of your hotel, such as the lobby, patio, courtyard, rooftop or the guestrooms, choosing a custom route at any level brings a unique appeal.
Check out this virtual walkthrough to see fully customized interiors!
- One of the major concerns that hoteliers worry about is the cost and budget of the project, especially when veering from the prototype.
- We allow you to choose your own level of customization, so the overall cost is accordingly proportional to it.
- The level of customization—and cost—can vary from choosing custom space planning for optimizing your spaces and keeping the prototypical FF&E to a level of customization in which everything from furniture selection, finishes, and lighting are all chosen and designed by your ID specialists.
- Whatever level you choose, your ID package includes detailed FF&E specification packages and coordinated drawings for you, the GC, and franchise to fully understand and implement.
- While our unique designs look elegant and seem costly, Base4 ensures cost-friendly and affordable custom ID with an efficient team of architects, interior designers, and engineers all working together.
If you opt for the custom ID at any level of customization, Base4 Interiors initiates our coordinated design process to mitigate any of your concerns.
- Our architecture and engineering plans are done in-house, alongside the interior design process. This process works to your advantage, cutting timelines short and significantly decreasing revisions and inaccuracies.
- You receive one complete set of drawings that enable you to visualize the complete design: architecture drawings that include all the ID information, along with Structural and MEP drawings.
- This high level of coordination means your custom lights match your electrical drawings, and your columns are in the right place for the interior space planning.
- The final product includes a well-coordinated set of CDs where all the ID inputs correspond with all other Base4 disciplines, and a specifications book detailing all the FF&E items, coordinated with tags in the drawing set.
Our team collaborates to make design decisions
- We know the brands and their interior design expectations. Brands like Tru, Staybridge Suites, and Fairfield Inn provide detailed prototype resources while brands on a boutique spectrum, such as Tapestry and Indigo, demand the spaces to be fully customized and truly one-of-a-kind.
- For brands that allow customization, we work with the franchise to bring uniqueness to your project in a timely and cost-effective way by leveraging our innovative techniques and processes.
- Base4 Interiors has hundreds of relationships with the most affordable and helpful vendors to make your designs a reality.
- The Base4 ID team also can recommend procurement firms or work closely with your procurement teams.
- Our advanced use of virtual reality (VR) gives us an unmatched edge and efficiency when presenting Interiors for franchise approvals.
- Using interactive video virtual walkthroughs and innovative presentations, we aim to meet both your design ideas and brand requirements.
Base4, to the client’s delight, has created customized interiors for several brands.
Check out our work:
Base4 Interiors balances between meeting the franchise expectations while empowering hoteliers and developers to determine their unique design ideas and level of customization. We also help with free consultation for all your design, architecture, and engineering needs to set you off in the right direction!
Do not hesitate to request your free design consultation!
Senior Interior Designer, Base4